Wednesday 13 April 2011

Taste of Sweden!

I passed by my fishmonger today and couldn't resist buying some freshly peeled shrimps and crab sticks. I guess havin' Swedes in the house made me a bit homesick. So today I made Toast Skagen, a dish created by the popular Swedish restaurateur Tore Wretman. My Toast Skagen has a little twist, I add apple, crab sticks and crème fraiche in it. Enjoy!

Toast Skagen
serves 4 persons
1 big green apple wedge
250g peeled shrimps
50g crab sticks
1 tblsp finely chopped dill
4 tblsp mayonnaise
1 tblsp crème fraiche
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 pinch of salt
pepper
2 slices of whole grain bread or white bread
1 lemon
butter

How to do:
Peel the apple, chop it VERY finely, sprinkle some lemon juice ( prevents the apple to turn brown)
Peel the shrimps, if they are big, chop them in smaller pieces
Chop the crab sticks, chop the dill
Place everything in a bowl
Now add the mayonnaise, crème fraiche, Dijon and salt. Stir gently and don't stir too much, makes it runny. Put the bowl in the fridge while preparing the bread.
Cut the bread in triangels and sauté them golden brown on both sides in a little butter. Place on paper towels. Let them cool off.
Place Skagen on the breads, grate some lemon zest on the top and ground black pepper. Garnish with lemon wedge.
Et voìla tasty Toast Skagen!

No comments:

Post a Comment